Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Boonville, Missouri- Kemper Military School and College (Closed down)

I have had a interest in this particular haunt for years now, and I am happy to be able to put some of the reported haunts on here.

Track- The ghost of a female cadet can be seen jogging around the track and disappears near where she was killed. The bridge is further back from that spot.

A barracks- You can sometimes see a civil war soldier in the door way. It was the old barracks also known as female barracks, where a ghost clad in black known as the shadow seen in hallway will open windows and slam doors. You can hear footsteps also.

C barracks- You can hear footsteps in this barracks. During refurbishing, the footsteps could be heard, and when investigated, nothing was found, even tho there was dust and dirt on the floor. If someone was walking in there, there would have been evidence of it, but there was no trace of anyone being there.

D barracks- You can sometimes see figures in the windows at night that was closed down. These are believe to be the ghosts of the cadets who died in the infirmary in the early days (late 1800s and early 1900s) because medicine was not advanced enough to treat them.

Old Bridge Leading to Golf Course- A ghost of a female student has been spotted here on many occasions.

(All credit for the information goes to theshadowlands.net and the credit for the picture goes to cardcow.com)

10 comments:

  1. Every few years I do a google search on my old school.

    A barracks was also Band barracks before females took it over sometime int he 90's.

    The female by the bridge was Jane Ray. Very sad day that was. Only a week before another cadet was murdered by his father.

    Many stories there I could go on but not much a writer.

    Class of 87

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey I thought the murder was in 1988? Would love to talk with you if you know anything about it. was at kemper four years in early 70s. saw many things and because of it. now no what supernatural means

      Delete
  2. You don't have too be a famous writer to let people know what happened. I will always love kemper and was there on that sad day that it was sold in 2003. I almost died and still choke up thinking about it. Come on, tell me about your experiences. You don't have to tell me your real name. you see what name I am using.

    ReplyDelete
  3. was told to day by my brother in law about a kemper old boy from the 1960s passing away. was at Kemper in 1988 for a reunion, then shortly after read that a young lady had been murdered. That is why I thought the murder happened in 1988. the next time I went to Kemper is the weekend in 2003 that they sold the school. I looked at pictures today on the internet and cannot believe it has gone down so bad. Sad sad sad......

    ReplyDelete
  4. That was my only sister,Robin Michelle Coleman,RIP,Sis.
    Been missing you!!!!!😭😭😭😭

    ReplyDelete
  5. What was trial outcome of cadet Johnson's 1987 indictment for murder of another cadet ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nobody knows. Cant find any record of it anywhere

      Delete
  6. I have an EVP from Kemper that I got just a week ago. It's a loud growl. It doesn't sound human at all.

    ReplyDelete
  7. No doubt the sounds of dietary discontent from Messhall ghosts of my 63-65 stay.Cadet Cadre petitoned 4 Bread&PeanutButter as staple table fare which was granted and consumed in mass quantites.This quelled the growls. The Sunday lunch feast of Fried Chicken was a welcome break.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mark E Johnson pled guilty to second degree murder for the death of Jane C. Ray, sentenced to 15 years

    ReplyDelete